The Department of Health are seeking views on draft statutory guidance for local authorities and NHS organisations. This is to support the implementation of Think Autism which is the update to the 2010 adult autism strategy. The updates to the existing guidance are in line with the progress made since 2010 and changes in recent legislation.
The consultation looks at:
- staff training
- identification and diagnosis of autism in adults
- planning of services move from being children to adults
- local planning and leadership
- preventative support and safeguarding
- reasonable adjustments
- supporting people with complex needs
- employment for adults with autism
- working with the Criminal Justice system
The consultation closes on 19 December 2014.
Click here for further information.