Social Care Institute for Excellence, January 2018
Briefing that identifies that innovation is needed more than ever as challenges grow. Innovation does not only mean technological breakthroughs or large restructures. New and better ways of delivering
relationship-based care are needed, and already exist, but are inconsistently implemented or poorly scaled. It identifies the following requirements for innovation to flourish:
- a shared ambition to ‘embed person- and community-centred ways of working across the system, using the best available tools and evidence’
- co-production: planning with the people who have the greatest stake in our services from the beginning
- a new model of leadership which is collaborative and convening
- investment and commissioning approaches which transfer resources from low quality, low outcomes into approaches which work effectively
- effective outcomes monitoring and use of data to drive change
- a willingness to learn from experience.
Click here to view the full report.