The Innovation Unit and The Health Foundation, January 2018
This report explores what it takes to scale innovation successfully in the NHS. To do so it used case studies of 10 innovations. It identifies commons themes:
- Building demand through existing networks and narratives
- Using evidence to build demand
- Balancing fidelity, quality and adaptability
- Scaling vehicles rather than lone champions
- Capitalising on national and local system priorities
- Using policy and financial levers to kick start momentum
- Commissioning for sustainable spread
- External funding to support spread
The report synthesises the insights from the case studies, linking and referencing them to the full case studies, and provides a set of considerations for thinking about how to scale healthcare innovations in the future.
Click here to view the report.