Royal College of Psychiatrists, March 2018
Evidence-based revision of Our Invisible Addicts, it focus’ on:
- Portraying lived experience of substance misuse.
- Examining public health aspects.
- Emphasising the importance of comprehensive assessment.
- Highlighting the relevance of alcohol-related brain damage and physical complications.
- Detailing the nature, range and benefits of age-sensitive treatment approaches.
- Exploring best practice in service delivery and implementation.
- Developing education and training to improve workforce competencies.
- Suggesting future areas for research and development.
- Clarifying the role and relevance of ethical and legal aspects of care.
Click here to view the full report.