Institute for Public Policy Research, June 2018
This final report of the Lord Darzi Review puts forward a 10-point plan to achieve this, as well as a 10-point offer to the public which sets out what the health and care system will be able to offer if this plan for investment and reform is adopted.
- Invest in health, not just healthcare.
- ‘Tilt towards tech’ to create a digital first health and care system.
- Unlock the potential of health as a driver of wealth.
- Make social care free at the point of need.
- Establish a ‘New Deal’ for general practice, mental health and community services.
- A radical simplification of the system.
- Revitalise quality as the organising principle of health and care.
- Invest in the talent of the team.
- Provide time and resource to transform health and care.
- Set out a long term funding settlement for health and care.
Click here to view the full report.