Patient Information Forum, July 2018
Embedding high-quality, accessible healthcare information across all patient pathways will enhance patient experience, improve outcomes and support patients with long-term conditions to manage their health. This will help tackle health inequality by empowering more people to make informed choices about their health and care.
The Patient Information Forum has developed 7 steps to support healthcare services to develop and embed patient information across their pathways.
- Get the leadership team on board and clarify roles
- Find out what your patients think
- Find out what your staff think
- Map the current patient information journey and identify gaps
- Identify and make improvements
- Evaluate the impact of changes made
- Benchmark, review and maintain patient involvement in implementation of change.
Click here to view the report.