Rethink Mental Illness, November 2018
This report sets out a clear picture of the significant gap in access to health services for people severely
affected by mental illness based on a survey with 1,600 respondents. It identifies:
- Average wait time for an assessment is 14 weeks
- 56% of respondents believe they are not receiving treatment in adequate time
- 30% asked for a service that was unavailable
- 28% believe they were not referred by GP to an appropriate service
- 51% felt that they received this support for a sufficient and appropriate time.
- At least 20 people talked about having attempted or thought about suicide due to lack of services
Click here to view this report.