The Library and Information Service is here to support Evidence Based Practice within the Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust, connecting you with high quality information to assist you in providing the best services possible to our service users.
The Library and Information Service is available to all staff and students at Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust no matter where in the Trust you are based.
The Library provides:
- A multidisciplinary collection of books covering all clinical disciplines of relevance to the Trust.
- A space for agile working or study with access to six PCs.
- Athens passwords to access all the online resources.
- A suite of online journals, e-books and medical databases available at your desktop.
- A literature searching service to help you find the evidence.
- Training on using library resources, literature searching and critical appraisal.
- Current awareness services to keep you up-to-date.
- An Outreach Librarian service to support you in your work.
The Library is based at the Lantern Centre in Preston and is open between 9am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
The Library and Information Services also supports patients’ libraries at The Harbour in Blackpool and Guild Secure Services in Whittingham, providing inpatients with access to reading books.
This blog provides daily updates of new research, journal articles, news items, reports and more to help keep you up-to-date with the latest developments in the world of health care. You can subscribe to email alerts from the home page.
For any enquiries please contact the Library by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01772 773510.
If you would like to join the Library please click here to fill out a membership form and send it to the email address above.
Find out more about what the Library and Information service has to offer by watching this video.