Library and Information Service, May 2018
LCFT Library and Information Service, May 2018
This Library bulletin provides further reading to support the ‘Making Every Contact Count’ programme.
There are links to recent research papers and articles in each of the MECC areas to give you further background information and evidence to consolidate what you have learned in your training, and to give you ideas and confidence for using MECC in your day-to-day encounters.
Click here to view the bulletin.
Lancashire Care Library and Information Service, May 2018
Please click here to view the latest Lancashire Care Research bulletin to see research and journal articles produced by staff in the Trust.
The Gosall Library, April 2018
We now have access to BMJ Best Practice at Lancashire Care. BMJ Best Practice is a clinical decision support tool that takes you quickly and accurately to the latest evidence based information, whenever and wherever you need it. You can use BMJ Best Practice to:
- Search thousands of clinical topics and over 6,000 clinical guidelines
- Find answers fast using a layout that mirrors the patient consultation
- Access information anywhere, with offline access via the award winning BMJ Best Practice app
- Get step-by-step guidance via the unique treatment algorithm tables
- Watch procedural videos on common clinical conditions
- Check prescription guidance using linked drug databases and over 250 medical calculators
- Stay current with Important Updates and Cochrane Clinical Answers highlighted within each topic
- Ensure your ongoing professional development, with automatic CME/CPD tracking.
Access to BMJ Best Practice is with your LCFT OpenAthens account.
Once you have logged in with your OpenAthens account you can also create a personal account which will allow you download the BMJ Best Practice app and track your CME/CPD activity.
The Gosall Library, March 2018
Click here to view this week’s Library bulletin – Health Update.